If you’re interested in obtaining a Golden Visa in Portugal, you’ll need to start by gathering the required documents. The Golden Visa program offers non-EU, non-Swiss, or non-EEA nationals the opportunity to obtain residency in Portugal by making a minimum investment of €280,000.
Once you’ve decided to pursue this program, the first step is to gather the necessary documents to begin the process.
The Portuguese government requires several documents to be submitted along with your Golden Visa application. These include a valid passport or identification document, proof of legal entry into Portugal, and proof of health insurance issued within the last three months.
Additionally, you’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate for each applicant who is over 16 years old, issued by the country in which the applicant has most recently resided for a minimum of a year.
It’s important to ensure that you have all the required documents before starting the process to avoid any delays or complications.
To start the Portugal Golden Visa process, you need to meet certain eligibility requirements. Here are the main requirements:
To be eligible for the Portugal Golden Visa, you need to make a minimum investment of €280,000. There are several investment options to choose from, including:
- Real estate: You can invest in real estate, either by purchasing a property or investing in a real estate fund. The minimum investment amount is €280,000.
- Capital transfer: You can transfer at least €1 million to a Portuguese bank account.
- Funds: You can invest in approved investment funds. The minimum investment amount is €500,000.
To be eligible for the Portugal Golden Visa, you also need to pass a background check. This means that you must have a clean criminal record in your home country and in Portugal.
You will also need to provide proof of legal entry into Portugal, such as a Schengen short-stay visa.
In addition, you will need to provide proof of health insurance, which must be issued within the last three months. The insurance must cover all medical expenses in Portugal, including hospitalization, emergency treatment, and repatriation.
Overall, the Portugal Golden Visa program offers a great opportunity for investors who want to obtain a residency permit in Portugal.
By meeting the eligibility requirements and making the required investment, you can enjoy the benefits of living and working in Portugal.
Before you can apply for a Portugal Golden Visa, you will need to gather several documents. These documents will vary depending on your personal situation and investment route.
Here are the types of documents you will need to start the Portugal Golden Visa process:
To apply for the Portugal Golden Visa, you will need to provide the following personal documents:
- A valid passport or another identification document.
- Proof of legal entry into Portugal, such as a Schengen short-stay visa.
- A criminal record certificate from your country of origin or any country where you have lived for more than a year if you are over 16 years old.
- A Portuguese tax identification number (NIF).
- A certificate of registration from the Portuguese Social Security.
To apply for the Portugal Golden Visa, you will need to provide documentation related to your investment. The minimum investment amount is €280,000, and there are several investment routes to choose from.
Here are some of the investment documents you may need to provide:
- Proof of ownership of the investment.
- Proof of transfer of funds to a Portuguese bank account.
- A declaration of honor stating that the investment will be maintained for a minimum of five years.
- A certificate of registration of the investment with the Portuguese Commercial Registry.
Other Supporting Documents
In addition to personal and investment documents, you may need to provide other supporting documents. Here are some examples:
- Proof of health insurance issued within the last three months.
- Proof of accommodation in Portugal, such as a rental contract or purchase agreement.
- A Portuguese criminal record certificate if you have lived in Portugal for more than a year.
- Proof of enrollment in a Portuguese school if you have school-age dependents.
It is important to note that the documents required for the Portugal Golden Visa process may change over time. Therefore, it is recommended that you consult with a lawyer or immigration specialist to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information and documentation.